The Need Of Depositing Financial Security For Conducting Nuclear Trading
The party assigned with the responsibility of using the radioactive products should deposit a financial amount prior to receiving the shipment of the same. This becomes a strict criterion to be followed when the activity of the radioactive item exceeds the prespecified value, which is usually referred to as the HASS limit.
The economic security can be parted into two categories
- A pre-set standard charge
- A sub-charge related to the type and units of the nuclear source used
Totally the sub-charge, the total number of nuclear units are divided by the value determined from the high-activity source which is equivalent to the HASS value by a hundredfold. Further, if the value crosses a hundred then the concerned authority will charge a small surcharge to the user.
About the customs’ administration of the whole process
Full review on this topic points out the fact that the whole trading or transferring process including both import and export of nuclear power is under the strict customs supervision.
- They test both the quantity and quality of the sealed nuclear package before allowing it to pass the border
- Additionally, they also monitor the details of the source parties who carry out the process. They indeed check their license as well as the code that match the custom’s order.
Transference of nuclear modules
This comes under the legislation of carrying the dangerous goods and so safety license is an unavoidable factor. Moreover, the crew member initiating the transportation must be well-prepared for the transferring of this high-power items. Further, the initiator should ensure the following features
- The radiation item should be clearly classified by their unique number and label.
- The sealed and secured package should contain the appropriate marks that meet the pre-fixed requirements.
- They should decide the proper means of secured transportation of these products.
- Further, proper arrangements should be made for the harmless disposal of nuclear waste and should ensure that these are non-toxic to the environment and the people.
- Additionally, if the things are carried by air means, the initiator and the packer should write the qualifications.
- There may not any storage facilities for the receiving sector to deal with these substances. It is the duty of the initiator to do the needful.
The people involved in the management and supervising positions of this system should receive good training and instructions regarding the same. This may further help them to take the appropriate decisions when needed so that everything is efficiently controlled.